Happy New Year, dear readers! I hope you’ve had an enjoyable holiday season. Maybe, like me, you are excited about this new reading year ahead of us. A new calendar always holds so much promise. As usual, I’m starting out January with the firm resolve to read more of my own books. Maybe 2018 will be the lucky year I complete the TBR Pile Challenge, which is once again hosted by Adam at Roofbeam Reader.
Here are the 12 books I’ve picked (forgive the crappy picture):
- The Glass Universe, Dava Sobel
- So Big, Edna Ferber
- Dark Matter, Michelle Paver
- Housekeeping, Marilynne Robinson
- Ella Minnow Pea, Mark Dunn
- Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day, Winifred Watson
- Creation, Katherine Govier
- Berlin Alexanderplatz, Alfred Döblin
- Stasiland, Anna Funder
- Nightingale Wood, Stella Gibbons
- Passionate Minds, David Bodanis
- Shadows on the Rock, Willa Cather
- A Spell of Winter, Helen Dunmore
- Where Were You Adam, Heinrich Böll
Two of these are alternates, but ideally, I will read them all.
Yes, I WILL READ ALL THE BOOKS IN 2018, hahaha. Along those lines, I have also signed up for the Nonfiction Reading Challenge hosted by Katie at Doing Dewey.
And I’m trying out the Historical Fiction Reading Challenge hosted by Passages to the Past.
Wish me luck! And Happy Reading to all of us.